Monday, May 07, 2012

A Bird????

   That 's right, this is a bird. Not just any bird...a wild, shifty, filled with all kinds of unknown germs, outside bird.  Now if you know me at all you know I am not a bird person, not really an animal kind of person, so you are probably wondering what my children are doing holding this creature.  Here's the story.
   I was washing dishes after dinner last week when Joe's parents popped over for a visit.  I am sure you can imagine my surprise, ( shock,disgust, horror) at the sight of Papa holding a bird cage with a very live bird inside. The kids were thrilled and for the briefest of seconds I wondered if this animal was being offered as a new addition to our family.  As these thoughts are running through my mind one of my children, ( who shall remain nameless) opens the small cage door and out jumps wild bird.  Now germ infested bird is hopping around my rug.  Joe is sick with a fever on the couch. One look from me has him hopping up to catch our little friend.  Now this bird  is behind my couch.  BEHIND THE COUCH DOING WHO KNOWS WHAT!!!  " Joe get the bird..." is pretty much all i can get out.  Nana is laughing.  I am pretty sure my face is indescribable.  Jace finally catches the little culprit and Papa explains his cat George caught this poor bird and he simply brought him to show the kids and then to set him free. So the kids take turns holding bird and then set him free. What followed is the most intense supervised hand washing and removal of the four feathers left behind.  Thanks Papa for the visitor and thank you, thank you for letting us set him free. :)